Temecula Valley Hospital
The 140-bed, five-story Temecula Valley Hospital (TVH) in Temecula, California is defining a new era in healthcare with its advanced technology and patient-focused care. The hospital opened on October 14, 2013 as a center for healing with a soothing environment that has peaceful scenic views, natural light and spacious, comfortable lounges. With 300 affiliated physicians, over 600 employees, and 170 volunteers, TVH offers the community a comprehensive range of services similar to hospitals in large metropolitan areas.
The hospital offers major specialty services, including open heart surgery through a clinical collaboration agreement with UC San Diego Health. TVH is also designated as a STEMI Receiving Center and Stroke Ready Hospital by the Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency. The Joint Commission has also designated the hospital as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Patients are treated as an integral part of the care team, encouraged to collaborate with doctors and nurses in making decisions that affect their care. There are no restrictions on visiting hours, and families are invited to participate in the process.
The hospital building itself features innovative design techniques to help enhance patient care. For example, the hospital abandoned the traditional “racetrack” design, in which patient rooms circle a central nursing station, to shorten the distance between the nursing staff and their support areas so they have more time to spend with their patients.
Temecula Valley Hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, Pennsylvania-based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
The Temecula Valley Hospital building was designed for future expansion to help accommodate the area’s continued growth, and the hospital’s 37-acre campus can accommodate additional expansion as community needs grow.
Learn more about the hospital leadership and Board of Govenors at Temecula Valley.
Unique Features and Amenities
- 100 percent private rooms
- Bedside electronic clinical information system
- Wireless cardiac monitoring for all patient beds
- Emergency services with bedside registration, 24 hours a day, seven days per week
- A cardiac catheterization lab/ interventional suite
- Five high-tech surgical suites
- Room service dining on demand
- 24-hour visitation in all patient areas
- Outdoor dining
- Meditation areas
- Homelike waiting areas for family and friends
- Décor featuring works by local photographers
Mission, Vision and Values
- Mission — To deliver exceptional and compassionate patient care
- Vision — To transform the healthcare experience
- Values — Compassion, Trust, Courage, Innovation